Asociatia Se Poate has organised from 17 to 27 August 2015 the youth mobility entitled "Eco Rural Volunteering", a project financed by European Union through Erasmus+ Programme. Eco Rural Volunteering (ERV) gathers young people from five countries: Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Spain. The project is organised in Boldesti-Scaeni, Prahova County.
Focused on topics as ecology, rural development and EU citizenship, Eco Rural Volunteering aims to raise awareness, in the first phase for 46 young Europeans and, in the second phase, for their local communities, as part of the duty of being European citizen, of the necessity to promote and implement volunteering environmental actions, to protect the environment, without affecting and slowing down the development of the rural areas and the urbanisation.
Objectives of Eco Rural Volunteering:
1. Encourage the good understanding of 46 youngsters from 6 countries on environmental problems and rural development, and the way these are viewed in Europe, at this time;
2. Inform, in the first phase, 46 youngsters from 6 different countries, about the rural and protected natural areas in Romania and about activities that are or should be implemented for protecting the environment in Romania and Europe , through intercultural dialogue and nonformal activities but also through media tools.
3. To reflect upon the necessity of adopting an Eco attitude by all individuals, institutions and European nations, by organising photo exhibitions in every partner country, after the project, with the selected pictures, from the photovoice activity, that all the participants took during the project ;
4. To promote a positive attitude among young people towards ecology and raise awareness of each individual’s responsibility and impact upon the environment and rural development ;
5. To promote sustainable development by choosing an ” Eco” attitude, also through a flashmob.
For more information, we invite you on ERV learning platform - https://ecoruralvolunteering.wordpress.com.